DraftKings Week 15 Slate Breakdown with Cash and GPP Picks
Below you'll find my Week 15 DraftKings cash game and tournament strategies. By offering a general approach to the week, along with a player pool to consider, you should walk away feeling well-equipped no matter your bankroll strategy or game selection process.
This week, more so than any other of the 2019 season, it will be pertinent to check back on Sunday morning for any meaningful updates. There is uncertainty surrounding the status and workload of several players. I will update this article to reflect any boost in playing time or usage that is expected as a result of things that have happened since the initial publishing of this article.
Additionally, there is more overlap in cash and tournament overweight plays this week as the injury-riddled league and matchups seem to dictate a tighter player pool, at least for players I'll have the most stock in.
Main Slate Cash Game Strategy
- Right off the bat we have to scratch DeAndre Washington and Isaiah Ford due to the availability of Josh Jacobs and the Dolphins' wide receivers.
- Saquon Barkley seems to be getting a lot o traction around the industry, I personally think McCaffrey and Carson are better plays. If the $2,000+ savings from McCaffrey to Barkley is needed, knock yourself out, but I'll be passing on Barkley in cash this week. In fact, I'd add that Leonard Fournette is gaining steam for me, too. He's our second best value metric RB so he just may make it into my cash lineup, too.
- With the Dolphins' WRs healthy and active, Patrick Laird takes a slight ding because I don't think he'll see as many targets as I expected, but he's still firmly in play. I actually find myself leaning towards Boston Scott or $1,500 less with a similar median projection.
Ryan Tannehill ($6,500) has been lights out with little volume as a starter. He has been extremely efficient and it's time to admit that with this Titans' offensive scheme, he may not require volume to meet value. He adds an extra dimension with his legs as well. In the last five games, he's tacked on six fantasy points on average per game on the ground. According to NFL Next Gen stats, he ranks first in tight-window throws and is completing 10% of passes above expectation as well. The Texans rank second to last in aFPA to quarterbacks and were just dusted up by Drew Lock. Though his price is elevated, Tannehill looks to be a top pay-up option in a must-win game. His opponent, Deshaun Watson ($6,800), presents another option that shouldn't have much difficulty meeting value. The Broncos did a good job stifling Watson last week, but he still managed to go for 30 DraftKings points. He gets a slight ding without Will Fuller in the lineup, but the Texans often struggle to get the running game going, causing Watson to be the de facto runner as well. These are my top two pay-up options for cash this week.
- DFS & Season-Long Content
- Lineup Generator
- Optimal Cash & GPP Lineups
- Floor & Ceiling Projections
- -Leverage Scores
- -...and much much more!