Just spoke to Bengals HC Zac Taylor and asked about the status of QB Joe Burrow tonight. He said “we aren’t ready to reveal a decision just yet and will wait a couple more hours before we make a call.”
It looks like the team is taking this right up until the final moments. We reported earlier today Burrow was trending in the right direction but that's still all we have to go on with about three hours until game time. If Burrow doesn't go, Browning would get the start against the Rams.
Russini pointed out, however, that Burrow's status is still uncertain for MNF as of now, so owners who need him will want monitor his status until the inactives are announced. The Bengals sit at 0-2 and this is as close to a must-win as they want to get this early in the season. Russini added Burrow is campaigning with the coaching staff and trainers to play. If Burrow can't go, Browning would get the start. If needed, Burrow owners may also be able to grab Matthew Stafford or Baker Mayfield against the Eagles in the other Monday night game if they don't trust Browning.