Colts RB Frank Gore wants to play in 2018

The 2017 season is the final year of the three-year deal Frank Gore signed with the Colts back during the 2015 offseason. Gore stated on Monday that he wants to keep on playing past the 2017 season. Considering Gore’s recent resume (hasn’t missed a game since 2010 and coming off a 1,000-yard season last year) should lead to teams not afraid to sign a back that will be 35 years old in 2018.

Focusing on 2017, the Colts are scaling Gore back a bit this offseason, due to an ankle injury. Gore is still practicing, but we’ve seen a good amount of Robert Turbin, and even Josh Ferguson, with the first-team offense. It’s all about building up to Week 1, says Gore, who will undoubtedly be the starter for the regular season opener.

Fantasy Impact: 

Gore said, "Someone will pick me up, if it's not here," according to the story. Gore is expected to get his share of the work in 2017, but Turbin impressed at times last year and the Colts seem to like him. This isn't the first time we heard Turbin will have an increased role.

Read more
today

Colts news

'