DraftKings Week 9 Slate Breakdown with Cash and GPP Picks
Below you'll find my Week 9 DraftKings cash game and tournament strategies. By offering a general approach to the week, along with a player pool to consider, you should walk away feeling well-equipped no matter your bankroll strategy or game selection process.
- Jaylen Samuels becomes a lock in cash games without James Conner and Benny Snell.
- Matthew Stafford has surpassed Russell Wilson in overall preference for me this week. Whether it's cash or tournament, I think Wilson has more outs to a floor game. Being that they are playing a Buccaneers team that can give the ball away. I could see a first half blowout turning into a slow run-focused second half. I don't think the Lions are going to run the ball much at all, so whether no matter the game script Stafford should be throwing. If they end up blowing the Raiders out, it will be a result of a Stafford ceiling game.
- Philip Rivers in a home game against the Packers in what should be a game they need to throw has been added as a cash game quarterback. The likelihood of Rivers slinging it for 300 yards is about as good as anyone on the slate and at $5k that's an automatic 3x game.
- With TY Hilton out, Zach Pascal and Jack Doyle become viable options at WR and TE, though they'd be near the bottom in the pecking order of the current cash considerations
- The Steelers' DST becomes a cash consideration at their price and the Colts lacking any true threat at the wide receiver position.
Main Slate Cash Game Strategy
This week at quarterback brings us a bunch of value options that I'm not entirely in love with, but that all have the potential to smash value. Of course, I'll start at my favorite pay up spot and that's Russell Wilson ($7,100). The fact that DraftKings hit the salary multiplier this week makes it difficult to roster an expensive quarterback, but if you can find the room, Wilson is it. Unlike the Falcons last week, the Buccaneers have a shot to keep pace with the Seahawks to keep Wilson throwing in this game. As we know, the Buccaneers are the biggest pass-funnel team in the league, ranking dead last against the pass, but first against the run. Add a cross-country trek on top of that and this is a prime spot for a Wilson smash spot. The emergence of DK Metcalf provides a boost for Wilson's bottom line as he's a beast in the end zone that can win at the catch point. Wilson currently has the top value score and the top median projection on the slate.
- DFS & Season-Long Content
- Lineup Generator
- Optimal Cash & GPP Lineups
- Floor & Ceiling Projections
- -Leverage Scores
- -...and much much more!