TL;DR Week 1
It's no secret we produce a ton of weekly data-driven, actionable fantasy football content designed to help you win your weekly matchup or cash your DFS lineups and bets. We also know not everybody has the time to read thousands upon thousands of words every week. With that in mind, this weekly TL;DR column is meant to highlight a few can't miss stats, facts, or analyses, broken down by category (season-long, DFS, betting), to aid in your weekly research prep.
*Click on each link to take you to the full article.
TL;DR Season-Long Week 1
- In 20 games over the past two seasons Ryan Fitzpatrick attempted at least 20 passes, he has averaged 258 yards passing, 1.55 passing touchdowns & 1.0 interceptions to go along with 19.2 yards rushing and 0.30 rushing touchdowns.
- The Bengals' O-Line last season ranked 24th in adjusted sack rate, 29th in QB Hits Allowed, 31st in adjusted line yards and 22nd in blown block%.
- In his lone healthy season as San Francisco's starter, Jimmy Garoppolo was top 10 in both EPA per Play and CPOE with an average of 248.7 yards per game.
- Charles Omenihu had a 15% pass rush win rate over his 21 pass-rush snaps and converted all three of his pressures into sacks.
TL;DR DFS Week 1
- In his brief time as the starting quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles last season, Jalen Hurts was the overall fantasy QB10 in points per game (23.0).
- The key to making two to three studs with a premier passer work is some combo of sub-$4K WRs—Elijah Moore ($3,000), Rondale Moore ($3,000), Terrace Marshall Jr. ($3,000) & Marquez Callaway ($3,000) all pop as top-11 WR values with E. Moore and Callaway ranked in the top five. Each receiver has a floor close to zero but that’s the nature of a true stars-and-scrubs build—their floors are more than made up for by the top-end players that this build allows.
- Jakobi Meyers should line up against Justin Coleman this week. Coleman dealt with injuries last season and ended up appearing in 11 games. Over his 276 coverage snaps, he allowed a 91.7% completion rate on catchable targets.
- The Bills ranked 20th against opposing RBs last season, and Najee Harris is competing with absolutely no one for touches in the Pittsburgh backfield. He should command 90%-plus of the Steelers’ quality backfield opportunities (targets and carries inside the five).
TL;DR Betting Week 1
- The Colts have lost seven straight Week 1 games and 10 of their last 11, which is the longest active losing streak in season openers according to ESPN Stats & Information.
- Raheem Mostert failed to top 17.5 carries in any game in 2020.
- Tennessee’s fourth-ranked offense by DVOA rampaged through opposing defenses at the third-highest situation neutral pace in the league in 2020.
- In Pittsburgh's first 10 games last season, they scored at least 24 points in every single contest. In their last six games, they went over that 24 point precipice just once.