Top New York Sports Betting Apps
With the recent legalization of mobile sports betting in New York, sportsbooks are gearing up for what promises to be one of the largest state launches in the United States. Mobile sports betting goes live on Saturday, January 8th, 2022 at 9:00 AM EST. In order to make sure sports bettors are ready, see below for information on the top apps and promotions available.
Rating New York Sports Betting Apps
Coming in at number one, FanDuel Sportsbook offers a very clean and simple-to-use interface with one of the broadest betting market offerings in the U.S. Fanduel is widely available throughout the country, but in New York, specifically, it promises to be a top operator through their history with fantasy football fans. In addition, FanDuel boasts some of the most competitive odds in the market, catering to the most discerning sports bettor.
To go along with the launch, there are a flurry of promotions for new customers. The largest of which is focused on a risk-free bet up to $1,000. In addition, bettors can capitalize on 30-to-1 odds on the College Football National Championship—Bet $5, Win $150 on either team to win their matchup.
To go along with the launch, there are a multitude of promotions for new customers. The largest of which is focused on a deposit bonus of $1,001. In addition, bettors can capitalize on a free NBA Jersey by placing a $100 wager on any NBA team (opt-in required).
One of the earliest mobile sportsbooks to launch in New York is DraftKings Sportsbook. They are widely known as a top sportsbook operator throughout the U.S. This is due in large part to their fantasy sports presence in the daily fantasy sports market. DraftKings Sportsbook offers some of the most in-depth data in the industry within their app, giving bettors tools to make wager decisions right in the app.
To go along with the launch, there are a flurry of promotions for new customers. The largest of which is focused on a risk-free bet up to $1,000. In addition, bettors can capitalize on local New York games.
FanDuel Sportsbook Promotions
- College Football Championship Offer
- Offer: CFB Championship 30-1 – Bet $5, Win $150 on either team to win their matchup
- Who: New users only
- Teams: University of Georgia and University of Alabama
- When: Now through Game time on 1/10
- Max Bet: $5
- Note: This bet pays out in cash. Bet $5, win $150 in cash and not site credit!
- How to Claim: To claim, new users need to register, make a first-time deposit and then simply place their first real-money wager on FanDuel Sportsbook on any CFB team playing in the college football National Championship to win their matchup. All winning bets will be fulfilled within 72 hours if they win.
- Platform: In-app only, deposit required
- For Desktop users, there will be a post-registration interstitial that pops up instructing users to download the app to claim their offer. For users on mobile web, they will be instructed as usual to download the app to deposit, which will then trigger the market.
- Note: This offer replaces the risk-free $1,000 bet. Users who claim this will not be eligible for any other acquisition-specific offer.
- $1,000 Risk-Free Bet
- Offer: Get up to a $1,000 risk-free bet when you deposit at FanDuel Sportsbook
- Who: New Users Only
- Platform: Web and Mobile
- To claim: New users need to register, make a first deposit and then simply place their first real-money wager on FanDuel Sportsbook up to $1,000! If a user loses their first wager, losses will be refunded in the form of a free bet up to $1,000!
Caesars Sportsbook Promotions
- Up to $1,001 Deposit Bonus
- Get a deposit bonus up to $1,001 with your first deposit on Caesars Sportsbook
- Free NBA Jersey
- Get a Free NBA Jersey with a $100 wager
- Opt-in required
DraftKings Sportsbook Promotions
- Saturday, January 8th–New York Knicks vs. Boston Celtics
- Double your money if either team scores a point
- Max wager: $25
- Goes live when New York officially launches
- Sunday, January 9th–New York Jets vs. Buffalo Bills
- Double your money if either team scores a touchdown
- Max wager: $25
- Goes live at 7:30 PM EST on Saturday, January 8th
- $1,000 Risk-Free Bet
- $1,000 Deposit Bonus
- NFL Promotion
- NFL & CFB Bet $5, Win $200
Future Sports Betting Apps In New York
The first four sportsbooks to launch in the Empire state are DraftKings, FanDuel, Caesars and Rush Street Interactive with their BetRivers and SugarHouse properties. These sportsbook operators will have their initial launch on Saturday, January 8th, 2022 at 9:00 AM EST.
After these initial four sportsbooks launch, there will be several other sportsbooks joining the New York betting landscape over time. Most experts agree that early in 2022 we will see the addition of BetMGM, Bally Bet, PointsBet, WynnBet and Resorts World. As more news comes out about these operators, we will be sure to keep New York bettors informed.
It's important to note not all betting options are available in all jurisdictions. For example, despite multiple attempts at changing the laws, New Jersey has strict regulations on college sports wagers. No betting is allowed on any New Jersey-based team, regardless of where the game is played. In addition, no college game played in the state, even if the two teams are not based in New Jersey, can be open to sports betting.
It is worth noting there was a list of some key players that have not announced their entrance into New York. Among those are Barstool Sportsbook, Bet365, theScore Sportsbook and Fox Bet. Time will tell if these players will make their way into the New York betting landscape.