Fantasy Football Defense Streaming Week 17: Rise of the Floridians
When drafting defense/special teams units in fantasy football, there are edges to be gained by drafting them after the 12th round of re-draft leagues--or even punting on defense entirely. This article series is designed to help fantasy managers navigate their way through the NFL’s 17-game season by streaming defense/special teams units with noteworthy matchups.
Week 16 Review
Top Streaming Picks
- Tennessee Titans vs. Houston Texans – 7.0 fantasy points (T-D/ST17)
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Las Vegas Raiders – 13.0 fantasy points (D/ST6)
Deep Streaming Picks
- Detroit Lions @ Carolina Panthers – -4.0 fantasy points (T-D/ST31)
- Los Angeles Rams vs. Denver Broncos – 21.0 fantasy points (D/ST1)
Top Streaming Picks
Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans
*Rostered in 18.0% of Yahoo! leagues and 15.5% of ESPN leagues
The Jacksonville Jaguars defense/special teams unit is hot off of its third-straight top-five finish. Jacksonville takes the top spot in 4for4’s Hot Spots: Team-Level SOS against a Houston Texans team allowing 11.6 fantasy points per game.
Edge rusher Josh Allen’s 33 quarterback pressures are tied for the 10th most in the NFL, leading the way in Jacksonville’s top-10 pass-rush unit (21.4% quarterback pressure rating, per 4for4’s NFL Team Stats Explorer).
Cornerbacks Darious Williams (15) and Tyson Campbell (14) are both top-five in passes defended. Jacksonville’s 0.09 interceptions per drive are tied for No. 5 as well.
Houston’s 20.3% quarterback pressure rate allowed is tied for the 12th highest and quarterback Davis Mills’ 6.8% sack rate is tied for the 15th highest among 33 NFL quarterbacks with at least 200 dropbacks, per 4for4’s NFL Player Stats Explorer. His 5.73 adjusted passing yards per attempt is the third worst.
- All Premium Content
- The most Accurate Rankings Since 2010
- Expert Draft Picks w/DraftHero
- Highest Scoring Lineup + Top Available Players w/LeagueSync
- ...and much much more