NFL Coach of the Year Trends & Betting Preview
In researching potential trends or patterns for past winners of the NFL’s Coach of the Year Award, I found there were really no discernible trends or patterns. For example:
- It's not always a first or second-year head coach that wins. Just eight of the last 20 Coach of the Year winners were in either their first or second year. Veteran coaches like Bill Belichick and Marvin Lewis won the award well into their head coaching careers.
- The winner didn’t always have a poor season the year prior. Over the last 20 seasons, the Coach of the Year was with his team the previous season 13 times. In seven of those 13 seasons, the Coach of the Year was actually above .500 the season before he won the award.
- The winning coach rarely has the league MVP playing for him. Only four times in the last 20 seasons have both the Coach of the Year and league MVP come from the same team.
- Betting, DFS & Season-Long Content
- NFL & NBA Player Prop Tool
- Sides, Totals, Props & More
- Premium Betting Tools & Reports
- All Major Sports Included
- ...and much much more!