2021 CJ Cup Preview
The second half of the mini-Las Vegas swing moves across town to the exclusive Summit Club for the 78-player, no-cut CJ Cup. At 7,431 yards in length, this Par 72 Tom Fazio-designed layout is a desert parkland-style course that plays shorter due to being at around 2,300-feet elevation. There has never been a PGA Tour event held at this course so we have no course history or data to work off this week. Reports from players and media this week have given us many tidbits about how the course will play which we will explore in detail below.
Course Details and Stats
- Par: 72
- Length: 7,431 yards
- Architects: Tom Fazio
- Average Score Relative to Par: no data
- Grasses: Fairway - Bermuda; Greens - Bent; Rough - Bermuda overseeded with Ryegrass 3"
- Greens Size - 6,580 square feet (larger than average)
- Greens Speed - 12 stimpmeter (average)
- Field Size - 78 players
- Cut Line - No Cut
- Strength of Field: 613 - Elite Field (350 is average)
*My modeling is built around the PGA’s relatively new Strokes Gained data, which is divided into SG: Off the Tee (OTT), SG: Approach (APP), SG: Around the Green (ARG) and SG: Putting (P). Learn more about Strokes Gained and why it can be so useful in analyzing the past and predicting future performance.
Course and Field Preview
- Betting, DFS & Season-Long Content
- NFL & NBA Player Prop Tool
- Sides, Totals, Props & More
- Premium Betting Tools & Reports
- All Major Sports Included
- ...and much much more!