DraftKings Week 17 GPP Picks and Strategy
Below you'll find my DraftKings GPP Strategy and Picks for Week 17. This article will highlight my favorite tournament options. It should be used in conjunction with my cash game article. A good tournament lineup has a mix of players at various ownership percentages, which also includes cash game viable options. The following are players who I will likely be overweight on compared to the field—not my entire player pool.
- Onslaught - Instead of stacking a popular quarterback with one of his pass-catchers, add a second pass-catcher, and maybe even the team running back to the mix.
- Game Stack - In addition to your two- or three-man stack, add a player—usually the primary pass-catcher—from the opposing team. This is obvious in shootouts but is often ignored (erroneously) in games expected to be lopsided.
- An off-the-board play - Rostering a pass-catcher that’s being ignored in a popular passing offense can be an effective strategy for getting exposure to a chalky team while remaining unique.
For guidance on how to formulate exposures in your personal tournament portfolio, use 4for4’s ownership projections and this guide to leverage scores. All players mentioned as cash game options are worthy of consideration as core GPP plays.
For up-to-the-minute and Sunday morning updates, be sure to join the 4for4 DFS subscription-only Discord channel.
The format of this week's article is going to be a bit different. It is going to be more strategy-based. Often times in Week 17, players are stepping into massive roles they normally wouldn't have and different teams have different motivations. It's a bit unwise to look at season-long or even monthly statistics, so this article will be based mostly on opportunity and strategy based on ownership.
As a community, we are often confident in a certain outcome when we shouldn't be. This article will be focused on finding some of the pivots to chalk that we can take advantage of, rather than highlighting a core of GPP players. So to be clear, I am building my GPP lineups this week with my cash game core more so than any other week. This is because there are a bunch of situations that we just can't be confident in predicting.
- DFS & Season-Long Content
- Lineup Generator
- Optimal Cash & GPP Lineups
- Floor & Ceiling Projections
- -Leverage Scores
- -...and much much more!