Primetime DFS Slate Breakdown: Week 7
The Week 7 Primetime slate sees an exciting divisional contest take place on Sunday Night between the Eagles and Cowboys where the winner will take sole possession of first place, and the Monday Night game should be a Patriots romp as they go in to visit the New York Jets. The Jets do have Sam Darnold back, so that at least makes the Jets a bit more exciting, but for the most part, it's the Sunday Night game we're going to want to target.
Let's break down the games and how we can find the edge that will get us to the top of the standings.
- Darren Sproles, PHI, RB - OUT
- DeSean Jackson, PHI, WR - OUT
- Randall Cobb, DAL, WR - Questionable
- Amari Cooper, DAL, WR - Questionable
- Demaryius Thomas, NYJ, WR - Questionable
- Chris Herndon, NYJ, TE - Questionable
- Phillip Dorsett, NE, WR - Questionable
- Julian Edelman, NE, WR - Questionable
- Rex Burkhead, NE, WR - Questionable
- Matt LaCosse, NE, TE - Doubtful
- Josh Gordon, NE, WR - Questionable
Amari Cooper and Randall Cobb are likely in for the Cowboys, which broadens where the ball could go. Before this news, Micheal Gallup was going to be a lock-button play. He's still a viable option, but not a guarantee to smash. For the Jets, Herndon is likely out and Ryan Griffin will benefit, but he's not a player we want to target. For the Patriots, the 4for4 projections are going with the assumption that Burkhead and Gordon are out, while Dorsett and Edelman are playing. Gordon seems a sure thing to miss, but Burkhead still has a chance of playing and his availability will directly impact the value of Sony Michel and James White (more so Michel in my opinion), so that's news you'll want to keep an eye on heading into the MNF game.
Evaluation of Vegas Spread and Total and What Players Benefit
Cowboys -2.5 Over/Under 49.5
Patriots -10 Over/Under 43.5
The Eagles-Cowboys game by all indications will be the better game for fantasy—it's projected to score six more points than the Monday Night Football game and it's projected to be close while Vegas sees the Patriots blowing out the Jets. I have done individual breakdowns for each of the primetime games, including an in-depth look at the Vegas spreads and totals and what players benefit most. You can find that analysis here:
Pricing and Projections
- All DFS Content
- The Most Accurate Projections Since 2010
- Lineup Generator
- Optimal Cash & GPP Lineups
- Ownership Projections & Leverage Scores
- ...and much more!