Monday Night DFS Single-Game Breakdown: Chiefs at Chargers
If the Los Angeles Chargers are to have any hope of making the playoffs in the 2019 NFL season they will have to beat the division-leading Kansas City Chiefs in Mexico City this Monday night. Vegas expects the "visiting" Chiefs to handle the Chargers in a high-scoring affair. There are plenty of fantasy options to discuss in this game so let's break it down and see if we can find the edge that might get us at the top of the leaderboards.
There really isn't much to see here in terms of injuries. Damien Williams is on the injury report for personal reasons, but he made the trip to Mexico City and is expected to play. Obviously, if he is unable to go it's a big boost for Darrell Williams (and potentially LeSean McCoy).
Evaluation of Vegas Spread and Total
Chiefs -4.5 Over/Under 52.5
This isn't a true home game for the Chargers (not that a game in Los Angeles is ever a home game for them) and the Chiefs are modest favorites in what is expected to be a high-scoring game. Let's look at the likely game flow given this spread and total and assign some probabilities to each potential outcome.
- Close, low-scoring game (<40 points) - 0%
- Close, average-scoring game (40-49 points) - 25%
- Close, high-scoring game (50+ points) - 35%
- Blowout for the home team, low-scoring game - 0%
- Blowout for the home team, average-scoring game - 0%
- Blowout for the home team, high-scoring game - 0%
- Blowout for the away team, low-scoring game - 0%
- Blowout for the away team, average-scoring game - 15%
- Blowout for the away team, high-scoring game - 25%
- All DFS Content
- The Most Accurate Projections Since 2010
- Lineup Generator
- Optimal Cash & GPP Lineups
- Ownership Projections & Leverage Scores
- ...and much more!