Wide receiver Pierre Garcon said in a televised interview Thursday that he’ll be sufficiently healthy to play for the Redskins in the 2013 season but he still might not be at full capacity.
“I’ll be healthy enough to play,” Garcon said during an appearance on the NFL Network, according to a transcript provided by the league-owned TV channel. “I can’t say I’ll be 100 percent, but I’ll be back out there helping the team in any way possible.”
Garcon said previously he would not undergo surgery for the torn ligament near the second toe in his right foot that plagued him last season. He said during Thursday’s TV appearance that it’s unclear how fully he will participate in offseason practices with the Redskins.
Garcon had the #27 PPG average among WRs even though he struggled with a foot injury throughout the year. Not counting his abbreviated return in Week 4 and Week 5 (4-44 combined) or his first game "back" in Week 11, Garcon posted 5.1-66-0.5 in eight other games (including the playoffs). That equates to #19 WR numbers. Obviously, this talk of not being fully healthy is cause for concern.