Cardinals General Manager Steve Keim said last week that he expects to have quarterback Carson Palmer and wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald back with the team in 2017 and the two players fielded questions about their plans for the future after Sunday’s 48-41 loss to the Saints.
Palmer said he hasn’t given much thought to what’s beyond the 2016 season at this point, but that he expects that he will be back and wants to remain with the team. Fitzgerald, who is under contract for next year along with Palmer, also said that it hasn’t been on his mind and sounded less sure about his feelings than Palmer.
“I got two more games to go [this season],” Fitzgerald said, via the team’s website. “I will play those games as hard as I can against two division opponents and we will see what goes on this offseason. My attention is solely focused on Seattle this Saturday.”
We reported on this same story last week. The window seems to be closing a little on the Cards. Palmer's play at QB has slipped but it remains to be seen of the Cards can find an upgrade. Fitz has remained very solid - he needs two more catches for another 100-catch season. He needs 12 more to pass last year's career high of 109 receptions.