It doesn't sound like it.
"We're not in a position at wide receiver to turn down a guy like Josh if we feel like he's settled himself," Browns executive VP of football operations Sashi Brown said Tuesday at the Annual League Meeting in Phoenix, per the Akron Beacon Journal.
In the process of applying for NFL reinstatement, Gordon hasn't appeared in a regular-season game since 2014. The 25-year-old wideout voluntarily entered an in-patient rehabilitation facility last October to, as he stated, "gain full control of my life."
"Now, that's a separate question," Brown said of Gordon's off-the-field issues, "but Josh is going to have an opportunity to reapply to the NFL, and, at that time, we'll make a decision when we know what's going on."
Back in 2013, Gordon set the league on fire with 1,646 yards and nine touchdowns in just 14 games. He followed that up with just 303 yards and zero touchdowns in five games in 2014. He's been suspended since then, but the Browns wouldn't be doing their due diligence if they didn't evaluate Gordon's current ability to contribute to the team.