Streaming Quarterbacks: Week 2 Targets
Week 1 is officially in the books. Ryan 'Fitzmagic' has returned. Tyreek Hill and Alvin Kamara don’t care about regression. Aaron Rodgers can keep us in our seats even if he has one leg. Football is back! But before we look at Week 2, here’s how last week’s picks fared:
With only a week’s worth of data, we can still use our Schedule-Adjusted Fantasy Points Allowed as a starting point for identifying positive matchups. As the season progresses, we’ll look more into how the league is changing. Other guidelines include:
- Only quarterbacks with no more than a 40% ownership in Yahoo leagues considered.
- Ancillary metrics and game conditions (e.g. defensive ranking, weather) will be factored into the analysis.
- Positive matchups for all pass catchers will be considered.
- 4for4 rankings should always be consulted for league-specific decisions.
Key Defensive Injuries from Week 1:
Keanu Neal (ATL) - Their star safety is out for the season creating a weakness in the deep and intermediate portions of the field. The Falcons take on Cam Newton and Panthers in Week 2, but it’ll be worthwhile to see how the defense adjusts to loss.
Top Streaming Picks
Case Keenum vs Raiders
Keenum had some ups and downs in Week 1, but he was able to pilot the Broncos to a win over Seattle to the tune of 329-3-3. The yardage was welcome by fantasy GM’s, but the completion percentage (64.1 percentage) nearly matches his 2017 seasonal performance. It indicates a progression into understanding Bill Musgrave’s scheme and now gets an easier matchup in Week 2. The Khalil Mack-less Raiders travel to Denver after ending the 2017 season with 17.2 aFPA to opposing passers. With their weakened interior pass rush, look for Keenum to exploit Oakland’s lackluster secondary in a similar fashion. Denver has opened with an implied total of 25.5 points which may adjust over the week.
Keenum is available in 74 percent of Yahoo leagues.
Continue reading Chris's Top Streaming Picks, a Deep League Target, a Quarterback to Bench and one you should be looking at for Week 3...
- All Premium Content
- The Most Accurate Rankings Since 2010
- Expert Draft Picks w/ DraftAnalyzer
- Highest Scoring Lineup + Top Available Players w/ LeagueSync
- ...and much more!