1. Mark Sanchez-to-Dustin Keller was clicking. During the two-minute drill at the end of practice, Sanchez and his tight end connected three times in a four-play span. One completion came on an intermediate seam, another on a thread-the-needle-pass in which Keller was well-covered.
2. It was an outstanding practice for Keller. In a seven-on-seven drill, he caught a pass, ripping it away from LB Bart Scott. Players and fans immediately started to tease Scott. Sanchez got into the act, running over to Scott to dish out some good-natured razzing.
3. WR Santonio Holmes made a diving sideline catch on a rollout by Sanchez, who delivered perhaps his best ball of the day. Later, Holmes beat CB Drew Coleman for a 50-yard TD. Holmes is having a terrific camp. So far, he looks like the best receiver on the team -- and that's saying something. Late in practice, Holmes limped off, but he returned at the end of the session.
4. Rookie RB Joe McKnight dropped a pass. So what else is new?
5. Capitalizing on a busted coverage in the secondary, WR Jerricho Cotchery caught a long ball from Sanchez, but it wasn't a pretty throw. It was late and it hung up like a punt.
6. WR David Clowney returned to practice after being excused over the weekend for personal reasons. He made a nice play, hauling in a 20-yard pass from Sanchez -- a jump-ball situation in the end zone. The Clown is back.
7. RB LaDainian Tomlinson, one of the stars of the intrasquad scrimmage, busted a long TD run. Tomlinson is creating a buzz in camp, but as Bill Parcells used to say, "Let's not put him in Canton just yet." Oh, wait a minute, Tomlinson is going to Canton.